Monday 27 February 2012

so that went well..

Ahh how naive I was to think that I would be able to update this blog on all the crazy cool things I did while I was away in the states. 

In the past year quite a few of my friends went away o.s on exchange for uni or for amazeballs holidays, while I sat at home glued to facebook desperately awaiting some photo uploads of such adventures. 

When said "friends" did not allow me the pleasure of living vicariously through them by not uploading a single photo while they were away it is not enough to say i was majorly bummed. I vowed I would take a different approach when the fam and I went gallivanting across the U S of A, that I would not only feed my family and friends facebook stalking desires but would also keep le blog up to date with humorous stories and many a photo. 

That was then. This is now, almost two months since we returned and not a single word written. 
I discovered that it is in fact mission impossible to keep a blog up to date, while darting coast to coast and visiting eights cities and passing through practically all 52 states, and I am not Tom Cruise. 

So here and in a few posts that follow is a quick sum up of the places we visited in photomontage style with perhaps a tale of wit and or woe thrown in for good measure. 


Let us start at the very beginning, a very good place to start, in LA the city of angels.....


Hollywood Boulevard: yeah its pretty scummy, 
its hard to believe that the glamour of the oscars exists right in the middle of this filthy street

 Paramount Studios: Best studio tour ever. 
We totally went on the set of 'The Doctors'

 Johnny Rockets: We were repeat offenders here, 
having it in almost every city we visited!

 What's LA without a palm tree!?
This is one of my favourite photos I took over the course of the trip.

 Just shooting the new Ryan Gosling/ Sean Penn movie
 'Gangstar Squad' outside Grauman's Chinese
what of it?

Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, so very fancy

 Venice Beach: All glamour and rollerskates in the movies. 
All medicinal marijuana and homeless people in real life.
"The Doctor is in"



 Being awesome in the Hollywood Hills.

A cool little experiment with the brother's film camera 
He took some great shots on his vintage and fisheye film cameras
If hes kind enough I will share them with you!



So that was some Los Angeles highlights, its not a detailed image of what we got up to, 
because we just did soooooo much! To give you an idea of how much we crammed in, I took:
five thousand five hundred and thirty six
photos in 32 days.

What can I say? I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment