Friday 25 May 2012

In The Arms of The Ocean


wow.
that florence and her machine sure know how to put on a good show.

Even though I mostly reserve Florence's epic songs for car singing, belting it out at the lights and receiving impressed (read: scared) looks from fellow drivers, She made it impossible to sit still and just watch. I was up on my feet jumping up and down and singing away. Even Mum had a little mosh, Florence has that affect on people. I just wanted to put her in my pocket and take her home, and she would fit, she's a tiny slip of a thing! And boy does she love a good twirl about the stage. So adorable.
The set was amazing, 40's art deco inspired and had some beautiful patterns and colours projected onto it throughout the gig. We had seated tickets and even though our seats were on the side rather than front on, we still had a pretty excellent view. That is until the most unlikely fan ever took up residence right infront of me. She had spent the previous song yelling "play seven devils! play seven devils!", and when they did she went off her nut. I managed to snap a couple of photos of her hilarious dancing before security returned her to her seat. It was such a good show, Florence's voice is even more amazing in real life, I felt like I was being wrapped up in the arms of the ocean, as if her voice was giving each one of us a great big hug!

1 comment:

  1. jealous! it sounds like it would've been an amazing show! lucky


    http://illustrationsbyfi.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete